Economic Resilience Project Officer - Major Infrastructure
This job is restricted for Deployees only
- To self-match to this job please contact Jess Goodwin in HR Recruitment, on telephone 01484 221000, by 10am on Thursday 20th June 2019.
- If you would like to find out more about the job, please contact the Recruiting Manager Keith Bloomfield on 01484 22100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for deployment applications is Monday 24th June 2019.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for exceptional project managers who want to play a leading role in reshaping our local economy and forging better futures for thousands of people.
The Major Infrastructure Team leads the Council thinking on transport policies and major projects.
As Project / Programme Manager specialising in the practical assessment, evaluation and development of major transport schemes you will be working with colleagues from within the council, other public and private sector organisations, commissioned consultants, Highways England and Rail and Bus operators to deliver successful bids for major highway and transport schemes and manage them to a point through to delivery
You will work with a range of stakeholders including senior managers, Members, developers and infrastructure providers to coordinate and deliver projects and lead on the design, organising and attending public consultation / exhibitions to seek stakeholder consensus on projects and transport policy and strategy.
The post holder will be a highway and transport engineer and /or transport planner with experience of managing regeneration and place programmes and projects and will act as project / programme manager for one or more schemes to manage the diverse activities that contribute to the successful delivery of major projects of this nature.
We are looking for talented people to join our ambitious, creative and highly collaborative team. We want to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent understanding of highway, transport and town centre regeneration principles and practices.
- Proven ability to apply project management principles and techniques to a wide range of complex projects or programmes including financial management of projects / programmes.
- Substantial practical or professional experience and understanding of this specialist area and proven problem solving skills with the capacity to devise and implement innovative solutions
- Proven ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computerised business systems.
This is an exciting and challenging time for Kirklees and we need more talented and ambitious people to join our team. If you are this person, we look forward to hearing from you.