Business Support Officer
This job is temporary for up to 12 months to cover maternity leave.
Policy, Intelligence and Public Health sits within the Council’s Corporate Services. It provides support services to the Council (including its schools), and some services to a small number of external clients such as West Yorkshire Fire Authority and Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing.
The IT service is accountable for the full end to end provision of technology solutions for Kirklees Council. The key outcome of the IT service is to ensure that Council Services are empowered, supported and enhanced by technology and Council colleagues are self-sufficient and confident in the use of technology solutions.
You will provide business support across IT. The main duties are:
- Specialist administrative support
- Data processing (in-put and retrieval) – including service based IT systems.
- Specialist word processing.
- Responding to non-routine enquires/complaints, sign posting as required.
- Project work and procurement support (under supervision).
- Project support and documentation.
- Produce basic statistical and management information.
- Information and record management as directed.
- Recruitment and selection administration.
- General administrative duties as required.
- Arrange meetings and take minutes (as appropriate).
- Processing of invoices and/or cheques.
It is essential that you have good IT skills and that you are familiar with a variety of computer packages in particular Microsoft Office and that you are able to demonstrate business and administration skills to NVQ Level 2.
To apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period. Applications for secondments will only be accepted if accompanied by a completed Secondment Permission Form, signed by your manager. If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile - this information needs to be inserted under the 'Relevant skills, experience and behaviours' section on the Application Form.