Head of Service - Stronger Communities
We’re looking for a Head of Service – Stronger Communities who will provide strategic lead for the relevant service area. As a member of the Business Unit Management Team, you will work corporately with the Service Director and Elected Members to ensure the Council's vision, priorities and values are actively promoted and delivered. This is a full time, permanent position, offering a highly competitive salary of £72,180 - £79,380 per annum.
In return as our Head of Service – Stronger Communities you will receive:
- Flexible working scheme and holiday package
- Cycle2work scheme
- Technology purchase schemes
- Reduced gym membership and many more
Responsibilities of our Head of Service – Stronger Communities:
- Play a key role in the Business Unit Management Team to ensure that strategic and local objectives are achieved within the service portfolio
- Lead on and develop key corporate reviews and Council wide/cross departmental strategies, projects and policies
- Establish effective and robust partnership arrangements and a strong governance framework ensuring appropriate legal agreements and governance provisions are established and maintained by all partners, and by monitoring the effectiveness of partnerships, drive efficiencies and improvements where appropriate
- Lead and ensure that the principles of joint commissioning and decommissioning across statutory partners are reflected in service design commissioning activity, risk management and are communicated to all stakeholders
- Lead and oversee the development of contract management tools and techniques and ensure accurate reporting on outcomes against all contractual relationships
- Develop, foster, negotiate and influence effective internal and external relationships working with other Council business units, Councillors, members of the public, partners and stakeholders to ensure the provision and delivery of joined up services
- Provide strong leadership to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of a service portfolio within the resources available and in line with priorities and financial targets agreed by the Council
- To instil a fit for purpose, positive performance management culture that aligns resources to strategic objectives and provides evidence of attainment of those goals including analysis of complex data promoting quality practice and service delivery, ensuring continuous improvement providing reports as necessary to council, and other governing partnership groups.
Our ideal Head of Service – Stronger Communities will have the below skills and experience:
- Level 7 postgraduate diploma/certificate in a relevant discipline
- Willingness to undertake the Councils Leadership Programme
- Project or programme management training
- Substantial and demonstrable practical leadership experience at a senior level in a complex public sector environment
- Substantial experience of policy and procedure formulation, implementation and oversight, and in leading, developing and implementing strategy
- Experience of working at a senior and influential level within a political environment and of providing clear, timely, professional advice to Senior Management and Elected Members
- Extensive project and programme management experience
- Experience of commercial negotiations and contract management
- Extensive experience and evidence of delivering a high quality customer focused service within allocated budgets
- Successful record of establishing and maintaining a positive performance culture, and of addressing instances of poor performance
- Experience of leading a diverse team of professionals in a complex organisation.
Closing date: Friday 26th July 2019
So if you feel you have the skills and experience for our Head of Service – Stronger Communities position then please click ‘Apply’ today!