Housing Solutions Assistant
Housing, Nuplace and Commercial Projects service area provides a number of services to cover a wide range of housing functions and commercial projects. Housing includes homelessness, empty properties, disabled facilities grants, private sector, Telford homefinder, landlord accreditation and Nuplace.
To provide first point advice to prevent clients from becoming homeless. Enabling clients to remain in their homes or move in a planned manner to other accommodation preventing homelessness wherever possible and providing our statutory homeless duties.
We are particularly interested in people with a customer services background who go the extra mile and have a can do attitude. Experience of homelessness is not necessary, full training will be given.
For further information on the role please click on the links below to view the Job Description and Person Specification
• 5 GCSE C or above to include English and Maths
• BTEC Level 2 or equivalent in Housing, Advice and Guidance or related subject
• Knowledge of Homelessness and relevant housing legislation
• Knowledge of Asylum and Immigration legislation
• Understanding of the issues and impact of inadequate housing on individuals
• Knowledge of other associated legislation which impacts on homelessness such as Social Services, Mental Health, Childrens Services and Substance Misuse
• Knowledge of tenancies and eviction processes
• Ability to work with a variety of clients with complex and diverse needs
• Ability to display confidence professionalism tact sympathy and firmness in difficult situations
• Ability to interpret and put into practice relevant legislation
• Strong interviewing and advising skills
• Ability to ask sensitive questions in order to obtain a complete picture of an individuals situation
• Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and other service priorities with a minimum supervision
• The ability to interpret and advise on relevant legislation
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and to be able to explain service legislation and policies, decisions effectively to clients.
• Ability to manage and prioritise own workload to achieve personal and team targets.
For more information please call Simon Law or Toni Guest on 01952 381947
Job Description & Personal Specification