Engineer (Structures and Tunnel)
- Contract Type
- Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the highways department in Medway Council. The department looks after a significant network with a road extent of 840 km, 35,000 street lights, 394 Highway Structures, 32,000 gullies, 9,500 items of street furniture, 328 bus shelters and ownership and management responsibility for the Medway Tunnel.
The Engineers post sits within the Highway Planned Maintenance Team reporting to the Senior Engineer (Structures and Tunnel). The post provides support to services such as the highway structures inspection programme, all sized maintenance works to highway structures and maintenance works within the Medway Tunnel. The post holder will be expected to work closely with our term maintenance contractor to successfully complete schemes.
The post will include but not limited to:
- Contract management for Scheme delivery.
- Carrying out site surveys including taking measurements, levels and providing suitable drawings for incorporation within the work job files.
- Managing and overseeing yearly programmes.
- Producing and carrying out work programmes based on condition, priority and budget.
- Oversee and supervise schemes of varying sizes
- Checking (including site measurement) of works orders and interim applications for payment.
- Process orders and place works orders using Council systems Confirm and Webreq.
- Provide a customer response to enquiries, complaints and FOI requests.
For further details and to apply please visit: https://ats-medway.jgp.co.uk/vacancies/preview/102711