Corporate Director of Environment and Regeneration
More than 140,000 people call Neath Port Talbot County Borough home and, as their council, we work hard to deliver hundreds of services every day. We are passionate about making life better for our residents and we want to create a place where everyone has an equal chance to get on in life.
In the future, we see two ways of making this happen. Firstly, via the traditional route, where we directly provide opportunities for growth and change. And secondly, through a more innovative route, where we empower the people in our communities to identify common goals and then find ways of working with each other to achieve them.
We have set ourselves three ambitious goals:
1. To ensure our children and young people get the best start in life, so they can be the best they can be.
2. To get all our residents taking an active part in community life, socially and economically.
3. To make our county borough a vibrant, health and safe place to live, work and enjoy leisure time.
As Director of Environment and Regeneration, and member of the corporate executive team, you will play a key role in making this happen. The Environment and Regeneration portfolio covers some of our most visible and important frontline services and requires an ambitious, creative and innovative leader. You will advise the Chief Executive, Corporate Director Group and Elected Members on key Environment issues and strategies as well as leading some of our most important regeneration and other partnership projects.
You will have a proven track record of providing effective and visible leadership to multi-disciplinary teams of professional, operational and support staff, leading strategic projects to a successful conclusion, and you will be able to demonstrate your experience of successful partnership working, improving services to residents and the quality of life for communities – regeneration, job creation, place and economic development will all be high on the agenda. You will also demonstrate your ability to work as part of an effective corporate executive team providing organisational leadership to model values.
It is acknowledged that some applicants may not meet all essential person specification requirements as set out in the application pack for this post. Applications will, therefore, be welcomed from individuals who may not meet all of these criteria but who, nevertheless, can provide robust evidence of the key personal attributes which will be required to perform to a high standard in this post.
Further information about this post and the Council’s expectations of the successful candidate can be obtained from:
Mr Steven Phillips – Chief Executive, email: email@example.com Tel: 01639 763306.
Mr Gareth Nutt – Director of Environment, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01639 686668.
The Council is committed to the implementation of its Welsh Language Scheme
How to apply
An offer of employment to the successful candidate will be subject to:
• Medical clearance
• Qualifications check
• Asylum and immigration check
• Closing date for receipt of applications – 4th September 2019 @ 12 noon
• Special Appointments Committee Shortlisting – 18th September 2019
• Psychometric Testing (by telephone appointment) – by 27th September 2019
• Officer Interviews – 1st October 2019
• Special Council (appointment to be made) – 9th October 2019
• Two appropriate and satisfactory references