6 days left
- Contract Type
Do you have SENDCO experience?
Are you passionate about supporting staff to meet the needs of children with additional needs?
Can you demonstrate impact of your role on pupil outcomes with SEND?
We are currently seeking an experienced and outstanding SEN practitioner to join our team at Haxby Road Primary Academy to cover maternity for our existing SENDCO. This is an exciting opportunity for dynamic and highly motivated SENDco to join an excellent, hardworking and friendly team.
The successful applicant would be able to join us from October 2019 to July 2020.
Role Purpose: To work alongside the SLT to lead and manage the provision of special educational needs learning support; and to take on the role of the SENCO to support high quality teaching, effective use of resources, and high standards of learning and achievement for all pupils within the school.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the SENCO is to manage the day-to-day operational work of the school leadership team to ensure that the children’s needs are met. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- To lead EHCP Reviews
- To support staff with the writing of EHCP documentation and the writing of SMART targets
- To assist the leadership team in leading the provision for special educational needs within school, liaising with the Head of School as required
- To assist the leadership team to manage appropriate SEND resources and to ensure that they are used efficiently and effectively
- To assist the leadership team develop curriculum resources to ensure that pupils with SEND have the necessary levels of support
- To support the leadership team in managing the implementation of an inclusive curriculum for all our pupils
- To support the leadership team in sustaining the effective teaching of pupils with SEND across the school leading to high quality outcomes
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Ebor Academy Trust working in Haxby Road Primary School and in partnership with Robert Wilkinson Primary School to provide an inclusive environment in which children are encouraged to become responsible for themselves, their learning and their behaviour. Our central aim is to enable all children and staff to achieve their potential.
Via Ebor Academy Trust Recruitment Website
Closing date: 28th August 2019
Interview date: 4th September 2019
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC) advertise vacancies on behalf of schools and external organisations (third parties) in North Yorkshire. NYCC are not responsible for the recruitment/employment practices of third parties and accept no liability in relation to the vacancy and any subsequent recruitment/employment processes. Enquiries regarding the vacancy or practices should be made directly with the third party.