Service Manager – Network Management
Somerset County Council is an innovative employer and a vibrant place to work. Somerset is a county of incredible contrasts; complete with beaches, caves, moors, a beautiful stretch of coastline, the unique Somerset Levels, areas of outstanding natural beauty and a National Park, Exmoor. As well as historic villages and bustling market towns, all containing rich heritage and legend
A number of exciting permanent opportunities have arisen to drive forward further improvements to our traffic related services. with opportunities for career development, training and flexible/remote working on offer. If you have a strong interest in traffic management and supporting the expeditious movement of traffic around the highway network we would love to hear from you.
About the job
Responsible for the development and operational delivery of the Network Management function throughout the County and managing and improving the existing County Highway Network to increase safety, improve accessibility and minimise disruption.
You will manage, influence, develop and apply policies within the Street Works and Traffic Control teams to ensure compliance with the council’s statutory obligation under legislation to apply the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and the associated requirements of the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA) throughout Somerset. This will include responsibility for authorising various licences and enforcement action through Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN’s) or prosecutions where necessary.
You will be customer-focused, enthusiastic, dynamic, driven, unstoppable and ready to deliver. The posts require a variety of contact with the public, elected members, parish councils, statutory agencies and developers, site visits and meetings, and the use of databases and other ICT applications including bespoke software.
For an informal discussion regarding these posts please contact Bev Norman, Strategic Manager – Traffic Management, Road Safety and Parking services on 01823 358089 or email BJNorman@somerset.gov.uk
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Somerset County Council is subject to Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English will be an essential requirement for customer-facing roles.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
Closing date: 11 August 2019
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Somerset
- Environment Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Somerset
- Highways Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Somerset
- Traffic Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Somerset
- Transport Planning Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Somerset