Recruitment and Retention Advisor
Are you an experienced recruiter who is looking for a part-time role?
This is a part-time role of 18.5 hours per week supporting a job share. You will be required to work during office hours (08:30 - 18:00)on Thursday, Friday andWednesdays either Morning or Afternoon.The working hours can be flexible. However, to meet business requirements the working days are fixed.
About the opportunity:
In this newly created team, you will play a critical role within the Recruitment and Resourcing service. You will be responsible for the operational delivery of end-to-end recruitment solutions, direct sourcing, candidate management, assessment, development and support onboarding for recruitment campaigns. This includes meeting with hiring managers at various locations in Wandsworth and Twickenham.
We have worked hard over the last year to shape an improved recruitment offer to hiringmanagers, we have introduced an award-winning recruitment platform to automate and simplify the recruitment process allowing us to spend more time working directly with managers to understand the key challenges within a local authority setting impacting recruitment and retention.
To be successful in this role you will have previous recruitment experience within an agency or an in-house recruitment environment, and a clear understanding of the candidate experience, labour market influences, advertising, employee branding and onboarding.
- Develop positive relationships with stakeholders through the provision of a proactive, credible and customer focussed recruitment service and work with hiring managers to identify recruitment and retention requirements.
- Leadon the provision of advice and guidance to specified business areas and/ or directorates on relevant aspects of recruitment and resourcing.
- Attend and contribute to matrix management and other meetings held by HR Business Partner and others
- Be responsible for ensuring all vacant posts are successfully resourced with an emphasis on quality of hire, time to hire and on direct recruitment activity,
- Proactively use the recruitment system throughout all stages of the recruitment campaign.
- Design, develop and manage recruitment campaigns from start to finish including onboarding activities.
- Provide advice and guidance on constructing effective recruitment advertisements.
- Occasionally support the job evaluation process by evaluating posts and interviewing postholders as required.
- Ensure that all recruitment and retention strategies and initiatives, promote equality, diversity and inclusion at every opportunity
You will have:
- Experience in using applicant technology or/and HR software.
- Knowledge of direct sourcing techniques such as identifying and engaging candidates via job boards and a wide range of different professional and social networks.
- Good relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Basic knowledge of employment law in recruitment and selection.
This is an opportunity to make a real positive difference in an organisation that makes an impact on half a million Londoners every day.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include compressed hours, flexible working arrangements and a generous holiday allowance. In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental and training opportunities including support towards obtaining a Level 5 CIPD qualification.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services.
We are pleased to be Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.