Wellington Civic & Leisure Centre
We are seeking a suitably skilled and motivated individual to join the duty officer team at Wellington Civic & Leisure Centre.
Possessing the appropriate skills and personal qualities, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of this busy and successful leisure centre.
Full Time Permanent
37 Hour per week shift basis
Grade 4 £19,554 to £21,166
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operational management of a Telford & Wrekin Council owned sports and leisure facility on a shift basis.
Duties include the supervision of the leisure centre team, delivering high standards of customer care, ensuring all centre systems and procedures are adhered to and ensuring the centre maintains a high standard of cleanliness and operation.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification or ability to achieve within 6 months.
- Level 2 Health & Fitness Certificate or ability to achieve within 6 months.
- First Aid at Work Qualification.
- Relevant teaching or coaching qualifications.
- Pool Plant Operator Certificate or ability to achieve within 6 months.
- Relevant supervisory experience in a Leisure and Customer Services environment.
- Shift Management responsibility.
- Supervising and training of staff in operational procedures.
- Experience of Health & Safety monitoring and reporting procedures.
- Windows/Word/Excel literate
- Good interpersonal skills and customer communication skills.
- Ability to utilise Flex for the purposes of bookings, ticket sales and cashing up.
The shift rota pattern includes a combination of early shifts, late shifts and weekend working.
Job Description & Person Specification