Assistant Director, Assets
There is much for Sutton to be proud of both as a council and as a borough. This includes high levels of resident satisfaction, our approach to addressing of the Council’s financial challenges to date, the involvement and engagement of residents in key issues facing the borough and the enthusiastic, motivated, passionate staff who work for the Council. Looking ahead, we are delivering plans for new homes, new schools and the London Cancer Hub. The council is also seen as a driving force within the South London Partnership of five south west London boroughs focused on strategic growth, regeneration and investment.
We are Ambitious for Sutton and have a vision for the kind of place we want Sutton to be. We have a Corporate Plan which sets out our priorities until 2023.
As Assistant Director for Assets you will be a key part of our Senior Leadership Team and you will play a vital role in helping us deliver our ambitions.
The role will lead on ensuring that our assets support the delivery of the Council's priorities. This will range from:
- Working with partners to ensure we use our assets effectively across the public sector in Sutton to deliver value for money and integrated services for our residents.
- Identifying and delivering commercial opportunities to invest in property as part of our Investment Property Portfolio.
- Leading council wide capital projects to ensure they are effectively delivered.
Some of our key assets include the delivery of a world class cancer hub (The London Cancer Hub) in the south of the Borough, as well as our Town Centre Master Plan delivery. Both involve working collaboratively with pan-London partners to deliver housing, jobs and growth.
You will have a proven track record of leading and managing property functions at large complex organisations and extensive experience of developing and implementing policies and strategies. You will be passionate about how property can deliver both financial and social benefits to the council and its residents.
We are interested in speaking to candidates with extensive experience in a similar role, a proven track record of delivery and relevant qualifications such as RICS.
For a full overview of the role requirements please refer to the job profile.
Please apply online by submitting your CV and a supporting statement/covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements of this role, as detailed in the job profile.
- Closing date for applications - Sunday 1st September 2019
- Technical interviews - Wednesday 11th - Thursday 12th September 2019
- 1:1s with Chief Executive - Tuesday 17th September 2019
- Final panel interviews - Monday 23rd September 2019