Senior Planner (Infrastructure Strategy)
Management Grouping: Chief Executive’s
Team: Strategic Planning and Growth
Contract: Permanent, 36 hours per week
We are looking for a Planner or Senior Planner with several years’ experience in spatial planning, planning policy and strategy – ideally working towards significant levels of growth. Experience with infrastructure planning and CIL is desirable.
You will be closely involved in preparation of the local plan and other policy documents, including preparing and implementing the Council’s growth and planning strategies. You will provide technical advice on a range of planning matters, including policy advice on development proposals and advice to Council Committees and Public Inquiries. You will manage project work with other colleagues and, as appropriate, external consultants.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of policy and strategy development, particularly the preparation of statutory development plans.
• Knowledge (experience desirable) of infrastructure, planning and CIL collection/spend.
• A degree in Planning or a related discipline.
• A proven ability to communicate effectively and produce cogent reports.
• A proven ability to collate, analyse and interpret data.
• Experience in formulating, monitoring and controlling budgets.
• An ability to prioritise workloads and produce and monitor work programmes.
What we offer:
• Relocation Package up to £8,000
• Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
• Performance Related Pay
• 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
• An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
• Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
• MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds: located between London’s hustle and bustle and Kent, the Garden of England. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The post is based in the Council’s Strategic Planning and Growth Division, a multi-disciplinary team dealing with planning, infrastructure, housing and transportation strategy and integration with development opportunities.
Whilst the Job Description for this post is for a career grade position (graduate to senior), we are seeking applicants who will satisfy the requirements of the Planner or Senior Planner grade.
• Closing Date for your application: 20th August 2019
• Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and to apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
• Anticipated Interview date: w/c 02/09/2019
Thispost is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.