Social Work Assessment Day - West Essex
Essex County Council
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
In ECC we are “Serious about Social Work”. Having recently won the Best Social Work Employer of the Year Award 2018 and been awarded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted this is an exciting time to join us. As if that wasn’t enough, Essex has also been announced as a Partner in Practice by the Department of Education, and the Essex Social Care Academy (ESCA) is the only Local Authority team in the country to be accredited by BASW as a CPD provider. We have invested in our workforce and created a positive environment for our social workers to make a difference and achieve change for our most vulnerable children and families through direct relationship-based social work practice. We have supported our staff to have an understanding of systemic theoretical framework and models underpinning our interventions; to have access to the right tools, equipment and resources and the right supervision, training and learning opportunities they need to be strong practitioners.
The Assessment Day
The day will start with a talk from the Director of Local Delivery to give you more information on the fantastic work and opportunities in the West of Essex.
After the talk you will then be invited to interview with the hiring manager for the team of your preference. You will be able to discuss various vacancies and what would suit you. Social Worker and Senior Practitioner opportunities are available in the West quadrant.
In order to be interviewed, candidates must have Diploma or Degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent and be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered Social Worker.
Social Worker roles require you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Why work in West Essex?
- West Social Workers are based in Goodman House, Harlow in a friendly office that has excellent road and rail transport links, including to London.
- Excellent and regular supervision (case/ development/ reflective/systemic)
- We have regular structured peer supervisions as well as informal supervisions
- Team managers are committed to ensuring that their staff have a good work life balance and their workers’ wellbeing is a priority.
- We have a mix of abilities in the team from ASYE to senior practitioners and we are able to share knowledge and development.
- The community in West is very diverse and the services users reflect this, the work we do is varied and diverse.
- The cases in West are reflective of the other 3 quadrants, we work hard to ensure that caseloads are manageable which allows time for direct work with families, using strength and relationship-based models of working.
- West have unique senior practitioner and Duty senior roles that supports development and progression of social workers through the service.
- Essex have a flexible working policy programme that, when possible fits with family life and supports work life balance.
This is a great opportunity to meet hiring managers in the West of Essex who will provide you with a real understanding of what a move to Essex County Council can mean for you.
If you are interested in attending please apply online or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, West Social Worker Assessment Day.
If you do require further information you can call our team on 033 013 58880.