Education Support Officer - Virtual School
The Virtual School in Redbridge is looking for an Education Support Officer to join its team.
Ideal candidate will:
- have experience of establishing successful learning relationships with children and young people across the age and the ability range, including those with challenging behaviour
- be able to establish productive professional relationships with a range of professionals, including teachers, social workers and foster carers
- have a good knowledge of the barriers that Children looked after have to overcome
- have the ability to successfully implement strategies to support children to have high aspirations and achieve, behave and attend well in school, and other settings.
- be approachable, highly organised and flexible, with excellent communication skill
- have the appropriate ICT skills to perform the role effectively
- have the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- play a key role in a proactive and supportive team
- provide continuity of support in addressing the needs of young people who are looked after or leaving care across the age ranges of 2-19
- support our students in key stages of transition on their journey through education
- contribute to the personal and social development of our children and young people
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position with the opportunity to enhance the lives of Children Looked After, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Diane Taylor, on 0208 708 3939 or email@example.com
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 4th September 2019