Senior Legal Assistant - Housing
A fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic, pioneering newly structured legal team in Sandwell. We are reaching the end of our transformation programme and are setting up an excellent in-house service for our clients.
We require a Senior Legal Assistant who is ideally a Member or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives or equivalent or newly qualified Solicitor or Barrister, who can provide advice and assistance on all legal matters in housing law including the drafting of appropriate documents, undertaking advocacy on behalf of the Council in relation to Housing and other Civil matters in the County Court and providing assistance with Homelessness and IT Panels.
This role will require you to supervise the work of all junior members of staff as required. You will be supported by a team of excellent legal assistants and caseworkers.
In the heart of the midlands and 10 minutes train ride from the centre of Birmingham, Sandwell is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and diverse place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to our vision than through a unique and rewarding career with Sandwell? So, if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, this is the role for you.
This role would be suitable for an experienced practitioner who can demonstrate the ability to deal with a demanding caseload, with excellent client care skills, and an eagerness to provide a high-quality service to our clients.
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 30 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 35 days after 5 years’ service
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption, Paternity entitlements and flexible working.
- 1,000’s of discounts and savings at 100’s of retailers, online and on the high street, available through our employee benefits scheme
- Excellent in-house learning and development opportunities Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
If you have any queries about the posts please contact Maria Price, Service Manager and Deputy Monitoring Officer at email@example.com
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.