Principal Engineer (Development)
Liverpool City Council wish to recruit a Principal Engineer (Development) to provide managerial and technical support, leading on the Highway Authority input into the planning process, liaising and supporting developers and provide quality, efficient and profitable services, in accordance with the agreed aims of the City Council.
The successful candidate will:
- Participating in fully embracing and developing Corporate and Central Government initiatives, to enable the City Council to deliver its services with full public participation, within a politically aware, Best Value related culture.
- Allocating workload and manage staff and other resources to develop, establish, monitor and co-ordinate the Highway Authorities input into the planning process to agreed budgets, timescales and standards, leading to the achievement of the Service targets, as directed.
- Assisting in the delivery of other Highways and Transportation services as directed by Senior Officers.
- Assisting in planning for the development of existing and implementation of new procedures, systems and equipment to meet continuous improvement objectives and Best Value. Why work in Liverpool:
- World class culture, media and sport offers
- One of the world’s most distinctive and creative cities, in top 40 visitor destinations in the world
- European Capital of Culture in 2008 – massive range of events planned for 2019 celebrations
- Visitor economy £4.3bn, welcomed over 62m visitors and supports over 51,500 jobs
- World Heritage Site and home to the world’s largest harbour
If you wish to find out more about the role, please contact Jill McCluskey on 0151 233 0253 or email@example.com