Locum Social Worker- Assessment & Intervention
Please note this role is unable to accept Newly Qualified Social Workers.
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
In ECC we are “Serious about Social Work”. Having recently won the Best Social Work Employer of the Year Award 2018 and been awarded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted this is an exciting time to join us. As if that wasn’t enough, Essex has also been announced as a Partner in Practice by the Department of Education, and the Essex Social Care Academy (ESCA) is the only Local Authority team in the country to be accredited by BASW as a CPD provider. We have invested in our workforce and created a positive environment for our social workers to make a difference and achieve change for our most vulnerable children and families through direct relationship-based social work practice. We have supported our staff to have an understanding of systemic theoretical framework and models underpinning our interventions; to have access to the right tools, equipment and resources; and also the right supervision, training and learning opportunities they need to be strong practitioners.
Family Operations delivers direct provision of services relating to vulnerable children, young people and complex families. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council’s overarching outcomes. The role reports directly to a Team Manager and will be a member of a small team of children, young people & families professionals focussed on delivering excellent social work practice within given area of service including, but not limited to Assessment & Intervention, Family Support & Protection, Children in Care & Leaving Care, Fostering & Adoption. The postholder is responsible for bringing to bear the highest possible standards in Social Work practice, ability and skills, working in accordance with defined legal frameworks, Policy and Procedures.
Why work with Assessment and Intervention in Harlow?
• Local parking for staff, car permits provided
• Our offices are located within walking distance from Harlow Town railway station and are easily accessible from the M11 and M25
• Great team morale and friendly, helpful and supportive colleagues
• Permanent managers in both areas who are supportive, encouraging and available
• Both teams encourage co-working. Senior social workers link with more junior staff to offer great learning and development opportunities
• Great training pathways for staff, encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development, to include progression
• Good working relationships with other teams and professionals. Step down processes to partner agencies embedded
• Staff are provided with monthly reflective supervision
• We are passionate about the use of systemic thinking/practice in interventions.
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Diploma or Degree in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent
• Registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) as Registered Social Worker
• Demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards eg Professional Capability Framework (PCF), Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS)
• Case recording
• Demonstrate ability in the application of SW knowledge, using emotional intelligence, analytical skills and act with confidence in challenging social and family situations.
• A good working knowledge and ability to use information technology and related systems eg, Word, SW case recording systems
• Required to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the County of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
• Required to work flexibly as required, including evenings and weekends if necessary.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the County of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*.
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider.