Service Manager - Adult Social Care
Essex County Council are offering a unique opportunity for an experienced service manager to join one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK serving a population of 2 million residents. The successful candidate will join a function with a reputation for transformational change, a progressive approach, and work alongside thought leaders who are pioneers in the industry.
The scale of Essex County Council not only offers complexity and challenges in this role, ensuring no two days are the same, but also offers countless professional development opportunities.
If you are looking for an organisation that is as ambitious as you are and who are willing to invest in you. If the opportunity to challenge the status quo and stretch your professional skills to improve adult social care excites you…. then this could be the opportunity for you.
Joining us now means helping shape a ground-breaking approach to adult social care and making your mark on a transformation that will improve the lives of thousands of people.
We’re transforming how we deliver adult social care across the county to help as many adults live the life they want, now and in the future. In line with the Care Act, and following a recent organisational redesign, we are shifting our emphasis to prevention .
As the Service Manager, you’ll be responsible for operational delivery of Adults Social Care in our South Quadrant which covers Basildon, Billericay, Brentwood, Castlepoint, Rochford. This region is particularly unique with two hospitals (Southend Hospital and Basildon Hospital), three Clinical Commissioning Groups and two unitary authorities sitting either side of the region. Offering a wide range of scope and variety in the projects you could undertake.
In summary you will:
- Provide strategic leadership across the south quadrant to ensure delivery of best possible outcomes for vulnerable adults, enabling them to live healthily, independently safely.
- Develop and lead effective local approaches to integrated working with delivery partners and external agencies which achieve successful delivery of targeted services.Hold responsibility for delivering change within complex environments to promote and implement new ways of working.
- Implement the Social Care objectives which support the wider aims of supporting adults to age well, measuring success through operational impact.
- Work collaboratively with external operational stakeholders and partnerships to develop innovative approaches through maximising potential opportunities for an integrated approach.
- Work collaboratively with statutory and non-statutory/voluntary agencies ensuring a joined up approach which facilitates the authorisation and purchasing of appropriate services.
- Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance in line with legislative and organisational standards within the Care Act 2015
- Responsible for the delivery of services within the agreed budget, highlighting risks and issues and non-compliance to agreed contract standards.
- Work collaboratively with Commissioners, external partners and stakeholders to ensure quality solutions meet customer needs / outcomes and use resources effectively.
Knowledge, skills and experience
The successful candidate will not only be enthusiastic and passionate about the opportunities this role has to offer , but will also be able to demonstrate the following.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered social worker or equivalent role.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners and stakeholders, demonstrating breadth of thinking across social care, health, the wider council and system as a whole.
- Significant experience within a social care or health environment, deep understanding of current social care issues and implications for delivery at local level.
- Strong leadership and behavioural skills with the ability to focus on results forging a highly performing and motivated team from diverse backgrounds to achieve objectives.
- Experience of successful delivery within a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment while managing conflicting priorities.
- Proven influencing skills with an ability to pro-actively lead and deliver cultural change to improve quality of service.
- Educated to degree level (i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS) or equivalent experience in a related Social / Health care setting and / or to be Qualified Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Nurse
If you would like to have an informal conversation about this position please contact Kerry Duggan at the number below.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on 033 005 83330*
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider