Recruitment Business Partner
Please note this is a 9-month fixed term contract maternity leave cover starting 1st Oct 2019.
As a Senior Resourcing Consultant, you will work with both the resourcing team and our HR Business Partners to ensure you deliver considered and effective operational and strategic workforce plans. The success of this role lies within the relationships you can build and the delivery of tangible outcomes.
We want to attract the best talent available to Essex County Council (ECC), and you will be a key part in ensuring we have everything in place to do that.
Working collaboratively across Organisation Development and People (ODP) and the wider Council, you will proactively support our workforce deliverables and the embedding of our ambitious People Plan and you will be key to the delivery of our ambitions, specifically in the areas of Social Care and Education.
You will be just as comfortable conducting and leading on executive level hiring as you will planning our resourcing needs for the months and years ahead. This rule combines both the need to succeed in the detail of operation as well as the confidence to lead high level strategy with the wider ODP function.
You will bring leadership skills, outstanding relationship management skills, demonstrating resilience and tenacity with ethical and professional integrity. The role will be required to bring internal and external market insight and knowledge to the Council. You will have a solid understanding of the Social Care and Education market and will be competent in advising, leading and delivering effecting resourcing.
* Leading on deployment of the whole recruitment pipeline for social care and education in ECC, creating and delivering an outstanding employee experience and brilliant service to hiring managers.
* Working with Business Partners and the wider business, including elected members, lead the design of campaigns and recruitment processes for potential employees, including the use of psychometric tests and assessment centres.
* Working collaboratively with the Talent team, to bring market insight to understand and contribute to succession planning for roles, translating needs or gaps into specific campaigns.
* Use data and analytics to measure success of Social Care and Education campaigns and assessment processes, understanding and using learning to develop the process for the future.
* Champion and deploy targeted recruitment campaigns to ensure the organisation can capitalise on richer diversity at all levels, gain understanding and apply the requirements of the relevant governance arrangement for recruitment in the organization.
* Manage and develop the Search Framework contracts, so that they meet the emerging needs of the organisation and that suppliers and hiring managers' work within their guidelines.
* Ensure brilliant candidate experience for potential employees by personally ensuring all aspects of the process are managed carefully, including all necessary safeguarding/pre-employment checks are in line with ECC standards and the onboarding experience is personally managed for candidates, joining or changing roles within ECC.
* Manage all recruitment advertising related activity, ensuring compliance, accuracy and protecting ECC reputation. Interpret and advise recruitment panels on outcomes of psychometric tests, working with them to assist understanding of the implications for recruitment and on-going development.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Strong, adaptable leadership showing resilience, tenacity with ethical and professional integrity. Resourceful and able to bring internal and external market insight and knowledge to bring the right candidates to ECC.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to lead and forge influential and strong relationships with a broad range of diverse and demanding stakeholders, including elected members.
* Self sufficient and able to respond to needs with sometimes little information
* Organised, capable and confident in leading complex operational delivery such as large events or high-profile recruitment campaigns.
* Understanding and experience of psychometric testing together with the ability to apply these pragmatically and bring them to life for the organisation.
* Brilliant practical skills, with the ability to successfully manage the detail as well as creative input.
* Have a working knowledge of the critical factors in planning change and the stages and phases of project and programme management and can identify risks and create mitigation plans.
* Ability to manage external contracts working in partnership but able to lever maximum value for the organisation.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.