Housing Strategy & Partnerships Manager
The Housing Needs Service is undergoing a radical transformation to achieve successful outcomes for our residents. We are seeking people who excel in building positive and trusting relationships with the skills and expertise to deliver lasting housing solutions for our residents.
You would be arriving at the London Borough of Redbridge at an exciting time, joining an ambitious new Housing Needs Service that embraces change and a positive learning culture for colleagues with a vision to secure sustainable housing solutions for all.
We are now recruiting a permanent Housing Strategy & Partnerships Manager with experience in strategy and policy development to support our Housing Service, covering policy areas. You will drive forward a significant organisational and partnership agenda, enabling us to deliver our vision, continue our improvement journey, and maintain constant focus on what matters to our residents.
- To take a lead role in the development of the Council’s housing policies, plans and strategies
- Participate in the management of the Housing Needs Service as a member of the Housing Needs management team.
- To lead on the provision of expert advice and guidance on housing policy and strategy issues, locally, pan London and nationally and the assessment of their impact on the authority
- To co-ordinate the Council’s strategic housing relationships, particularly with registered providers (RP’s) working in the borough and the Greater London Authority (GLA) acting as the key point of contact for these partners
- Working with colleagues in Regeneration, Property and Planning on the development of proposals for future new housing supply and investment and ensuring plans meet the full range of housing need in the borough and support the strategic direction.
For an informal discussion, please contact Karen Shaw, Head of Housing Needs - 020 8708 4358.