Solicitor/Barrister Advocate - Children’s x4
A fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic, pioneering new advocate team in Sandwell.
We are looking to recruit 4 Children’s Principal Advocates within our legal social services team. This role would be suitable for an experienced practitioner who can demonstrate the ability to deal with a complex caseload, with excellent court advocacy skills, and an eagerness to provide a high-quality service to our clients.
Sandwell Legal Services are reaching the end of a transformation programme and are setting up an excellent in-house advocacy service for our clients. Our in-house advocates will be supported by excellent caseworkers and solicitors.
We believe in growing our staff to their full potential and will be supporting the successful candidates through a higher rights qualification if they wish to undertake it.
In the heart of the midlands and 10 minutes train ride from the centre of Birmingham, Sandwell is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and diverse place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to our vision than through a unique and rewarding career with Sandwell? So, if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, this is the role for you.
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 30 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 35 days after 5 years’ service
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption, Paternity entitlements and flexible working.
- 1,000’s of discounts and savings at 100’s of retailers, online and on the high street, available through our employee benefits scheme
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Supported Higher Rights qualification available
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
If you have any queries about the posts please contact Maria Price, Service Manager and Deputy Monitoring Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.