Assistant Definitive Map Officer
Are you passionate and knowledgeable about Public Rights of Ways? Does your enthusiasm and up to date knowledge inspire and motivate others to take part and do things better. This job will provide you with the opportunity to work on developing and improving our green spaces and protecting this marvelous public resource.
As Assistant Definitive Map Officer, you will be part of this team and will assist in the protection and assertion of Public Rights of Way, within Kirklees, having particular responsibility for the preparation and continuous review of the Definitive Map and Statement.
Your main duties as Assistant Definitive Map Officer will include:
- Responding to enquiries of the Definitive Map, undertaking research, assessment and interpretation of formal documents and legislation.
- Help towards the development and maintenance of the computer database with regards to Public Rights of Way.
- Assist in the processing of applications for definitive map modification orders.
You will already have:
- Experience doing Public Rights of Way and Definitive Map work.
- Degree or diploma in any relevant subject or the ability to work at that level.
- A knowledge of Public Rights of Way legislation and how it applies to the councils statutory duties.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and excellent customer service skills.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile - this information needs to be inserted under the 'Relevant skills, experience and behaviours' section on the Application Form.