Enterprise Architect - Northallerton
Salary - up to £55,840
Location - Northallerton
Closing date - Sunday 22 September 2019
Shortlisting date - Monday 23 to Tuesday 24 September 2019
Interview dates - 2nd or 3rd October 2019
We need your help in transforming our services to make use of new, innovative digital technologies!
Our services are undergoing continual transformation to make them more effective, efficient and accessible to the people who use them. This means embracing new technology, digital solutions and new ways of thinking. We have created a highly successful customer portal and other digital services for the people of North Yorkshire and further developments are planned. We’ve made great transformational progress so far with these projects, but now we need someone to help drive this change forward, make further improvements and guide our response to future challenges.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced enterprise or solution architect to help us develop our digital transformation programs. This is a fantastic opportunity for a current solutions or domain architect looking to step up to enterprise level architecture. You’ll be joining an increasingly digital organisation that is continually investing in our staff in order to drive performance and efficiency. We offer fully flexible working and a working environment that is second to none.
This is an important role in the continual development and delivery of our services and one in which you can make a real difference, both to the Council and people of North Yorkshire.
If you have the skills, experience and innovative state of mind and you’re up for the challenge, then apply today.
About the role
We need someone who can make effective transformation decisions and advise senior stakeholders across all enterprise architecture domains (business, application, data and technology). Above all, we need someone with a passion for improving systems and services though innovation and creative use of digital technologies.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Leading the Enterprise Architecture team and creating overarching architecture principles and policies to guide decision making;
• Developing business and application capability models from target operating models;
• Leading market research, procurement and delivery of innovative solutions from suppliers;
• Providing leadership to other technical staff within our organisation;
• Using formal methods and tools to explain and document existing systems and to propose how to transform these systems, and
• Defining a technology strategy that supports desired business outcomes.
You’ll report to the Head of Technology Solutions within our highly regarded Technology & Change department. The role is based in Northallerton with flexible working available.
This role will be ideal for a solutions or domain architect looking for their next challenge and for a step up to enterprise level architecture. In particular, we’re looking for:
• Proven experience delivering enterprise business transformation through application delivery;
• A broad understanding of innovative technologies and the opportunities they provide business areas found within local government;
• Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills at senior manager level, both inside an IT team and across different business functions;
• A recognised qualification (e.g. TOGAF) and / or have demonstrable experience of IT disciplines; and
• Strong leadership skills, with the self-motivation to work independently, as well as part of a team, to deliver key strategic outcomes.
Working for us
Technology & Change is an exciting, innovative and friendly service to work for, with staff committed to supporting services across the Council to deliver the best possible outcomes to our local residents.
The benefits of working for North Yorkshire County Council are:
• The opportunity to work from home;
• An established flexi-time system;
• Generous annual leave;
• A strong commitment to staff development, with many training and development opportunities available; and
• Good transport links in the area, including road and rail.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious team during a time of considerable change, and contribute to the challenges and opportunities that exist, both present and future.
For further information or a discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jon Learoyd, Head of Technology Solutions on 01609 536389 or email email@example.com.
Apply for this role
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply’ button below.