Street Services Recruitment Day
Street Services Recruitment Day - Improving Resident’s Lives
Kick start your career with a role in Street Services in Royal Borough of Greenwich Council. We have a variety of roles within our service to consider and apply for.
Street Services provides a highly important service to all of the borough’s residents and visitors from sweeping roads to emptying waste bins this is a vital front line service and has a huge impact on residents and the community around them. The positions we have available are
- Environmental cleansing operatives (ECO): This role involves sweeping the boroughs streets, town centres and highways as well as emptying street litter bins and removing fly tips to maintain a clean and safe environment seven days a week. Any time from 6am to 2pm or 12pm to 8pm. Starting salary £20,466 a year
- Waste operatives: this role involves collecting residents and business wheelie bins and waste containers you will work as part of a team of three and will work anywhere in the borough any time from 6am to 2pm or 12pm to 8pm. Starting salary £21,591 plus £1,708 in allowances per year
- Driver Chargehand Non HGV:This role involves managing a small team of 5 or more ECO’s and making sure that scheduled street cleansing is completed between 6am to 2pm or 12pm to 8pm. The role also involves liaising with residents and members of the public and reporting any issues to your monitoring officer. (You must have a full clean UK driving licence for this role) Starting salary £21,591 plus £4,146 in allowances per year
- Driver Charge hand HGV: This role involves managing a team of 2 or more waste operatives making sure that scheduled waste collections are made between 6am to 2pm or 12pm to 8pm. You must have a clean HGV driver’s licence, as well as a current CPC card. Starting salary £22,377 plus £6,852 in allowances per year
Also available to successful applicants
- Training and development opportunities
- Opportunities for working additional overtime during the weekend and during the busiest times of the year like Christmas and Easter
- 28 days’ annual leave a year rising to 31 after 5 years’ service
Come and find out more:
Street Services are running a recruitment day on the Saturday 12th of October this is an all-day event which runs from 10am to approximately 4pm consisting of following:
- An introduction
- Meet the Hiring Managers
- Questions and Answers
- Interviews (if successful at assessment stage)
To apply click on apply, fill out the application form, we will review your application, if it meets our selection criteria we will send you an invite to the recruitment day.
If you would like assistance applying online for the recruitment day, please contact Greenwich Local Labour and Business (GLLaB) on 0208 921 2440 Or attend Old Library, Calderwood Street, London SE18 6QW
If you are successful on the day you will receive a conditional offer of employment, please note all successful applicants will be required to undertake a series of pre-employment checks including references before commencing employment with the Royal Borough of Greenwich
Please note to apply for the Environmental cleansing operatives (ECO) and the Waste operative roles you must be a Royal Borough of Greenwich Resident.
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.,