Senior Prevention, Assessment & Temporary Accommodation Officers
We currently have vacancies for 2 skilled Senior Prevention, Assessment & Temporary Accommodation Officers, to join our team that sits within Housing Services.
You will be part of a team tasked with providing a proactive approach to preventing homelessness and delivering an efficient and effective service, working closely with external agencies as well as internal departments, to meet Communities and Local Government and local set targets.
Although there are 2 positions available, one post will be mainly responsible for working within the Prevention Team and the other in the Assessment and Temporary Accommodation Team.
You will report to the Prevention, Assessment and Temporary Accommodation Team Leaders and should be able to demonstrate proven experience of working in a housing department and experience of interviewing the public.
You will need to demonstrate a working knowledge of homelessness, related legislation and case law, homelessness prevention, and an understanding and commitment to equality and diversity.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate skills relating to management and development of staff.
Although this is a demanding role you will have the opportunity to join a team that is dedicated to delivering excellent service, committed to improvement, training and open to new ideas.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 10 September 2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English Language Requirement for Public Sector Workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.