Technical Processing & Optimisation Officer
Please note this is a 12-month fixed term contract.
Essex County Council (ECC) are currently recruiting for a Technical Processing and Optimisation Officer.
The role will be based within the Technical Processing and Optimisation Team which is responsible for:
- The support of complex business & System processing in relation to Financial and other customer facing Systems.
- The support and management of projects relating to the performance and development of financial and customer facing systems.
- Data Integrity and system checks
- Production of Test material and completion of Systems Testing
- Management of Internal and External Customers and stakeholders
- Working to strict deadlines / timetables of activity
- Continually work with our customers and key stakeholders on service improvements to optimise Business and system processes.
Customer liaison will be a key part of the role, ensuring that complex integrity checks and system processes are completed to deliver a seamless service, as well as delivering expert knowledge and advice.
The role requires good attention to detail and understanding of how processes impact end users, making recommendations and improvements to enhance the service.
* Responsible for undertaking system integrity checks and complex processes to ensure excellent delivery of service to the user base.
* Create and review processes and relevant documentation such as user guides and process mapping to enable improvement and clarity in working practices.
* Contributes to finding innovative solutions to issues which could potentially impact or disrupt the customer experience and/or the processing cycle.
* Providing expert knowledge of the systems and business processes to ensure seamless delivery.
* Contribute to customer reviews and day to day performance techniques to ensure effective delivery.
* Responsible for conducting testing and acceptance of test scripts in accordance with changes to the system. Ensuring all scripts are deposited within the library.
* Work collaboratively across the team to manage simple project work, assisting with resource planning and comprehension of system activity at specific points within a schedule.
* Input into continuous improvement projects across customer services to ensure a culture of embracing change and embedding the Six Pillars of Customer Excellence across the service and into processes.
* Contribute to the provision of timely, fit for purpose reports for customers, ensuring these meet individual requirements.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) in both literacy and numeracy, or equivalent by experience.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
* Awareness of change and incident management processes.
* Experience in working in a customer facing environment, demonstrating a passion for delivering excellent customer experiences.
* Excellent communication skills - able to explain and adjust communication to a range of audiences; adept at communicating complex challenges in a clear, compelling way.
* Experience in systems testing is desirable.