People Support Advisor
About the opportunity
The People Support Adviser (PSA) sits within the Organisation Development and People (ODP) function and will be the initial point of contact and front door for employees, potential new joiners and external customers into the Organisation Development and People department.
Providing a customer focused and professional advice, support and guidance service, for people related queries across all channels: online, telephone and face to face. You will provide support and resolutions quickly and efficiently on the following:
* Responding to general customer enquiries, by telephone or email in a timely and professional manner aiming to answer as many calls as possible first time, delivering to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
* Working collaboratively across the People Support team to support the business e.g. Compliance, eDBS and Payroll and first line HR queries.
* Providing advice and information that meets all the current statutory, contractual and legislative obligations of the Council, to support and guide staff in using self-service.
* Processing new joiners/existing employees to ensure compliance protocols are adhered to; including DBS eBulk work, where some team members will be registered counter signatories.
* Contributing to ensuring the integrity and security of personal, contractual and financial information, to meet legislation, Council policies and the wider organisational vision.
* Proactively recommend, support and embrace changes in the Service and contribute to implementing innovative/continuous improvement to business process.
* Responsible for maintaining governance around handling customer queries and following agreed procedures.
With an understanding of working in contact centre or compliance service, you will have proficient IT skills, MS Word and MS Excel, alongside strong verbal and written communication skills with experience of dealing with customer queries.
It is essential that you will be highly motivated with excellent attention to detail, with a results orientated approach and continually seeking to improve. You will have evidence of building effective working relationships with colleagues and customers, whilst having the ability to prioritise your own workload and meet organisational deadlines.
Above all, you will have strong verbal and written communication skills with an excellent track record of providing exceptional customer service.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on .
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.