Early Years Teaching & Learning Adviser
Are you an experienced Early Years Teacher committed to the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework and enthusiastic about the learning and development of our very youngest children?
We are seeking to appoint an Early Years Adviser to join our highly regarded and experienced Early Years Team.
This post offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for early years leaders and practitioners. As a passionate and committed professional to the Early Years Foundation Stage with a proven track record of excellent early years teaching, good communication and analytical skills you will work with leaders, managers and practitioners across the early years sector to improve the quality and provision for all children aged birth to five and through onto transition and beyond.
You will work with members of the Early Years Team, the wider School Improvement Team, other departmental colleagues and partner agencies to:
- support and challenge pre-school settings in the private, voluntary and independent (PVI) sector and schools in the continued development and improvement of provision, practice and outcomes for children in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- ensure appropriate advice and guidance is given to setting SENCos regarding referrals for children with special educational needs and disabilities
The post holder will:
- be responsible for a number of linked (PVI) settings, supporting their improvement through regular visits and leading targeted in-house training based on identified needs
- be required to plan, prepare and lead central training on key aspects of early years practice
- be responsible for the line management of a small team of Early Years Support Officers
An interest in outdoor learning environments, Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) and narrowing the gap is desirable but not essential.
If you have the skills and early years experience we need and would like to make a meaningful contribution to the early care and education of our very youngest children in Bexley then we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about this interesting and rewarding role, please contact Catherine Bell, Lead Early Years Adviser on 0203 045 3135/07815 584589
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosureand Barring Service
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 01/10/2019
- Please visit our website to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Interviews will be held 11/10/2019