As a Social Worker in our Special Educational Needs team you will take a leading role in improving the quality of professional social work advice for Education, Health and Care Plans. You will play a pivotal role in the continued development of effective partnership working between health, education and social care. The role will involve providing consultation, advice, training and raising awareness with social care colleagues in the borough.
You will also provide professional social work expertise to staff within Inclusive Services and share your knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and procedures.
- Have an approved social work qualification and be registered with the Health Care Profession Council (HCPC)
- Have a current Enhanced DBS
- Have a working knowledge of the SEND reforms
- Need to be self-motivated and organised with effective communication skills both written and verbally.
- Have a commitment to working with pupils with special educational needs
- Have initiative and problem-solving skills
- Have a positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Melanie Barnett- Group Head on 0121 5692777.
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.