General Practice Surveyors
General Practice Surveyors (Multiple Roles)
We are looking for professional surveyors with the capability to build a progressive and innovative approach to the work and who are interested in working at the London Borough of Bexley as they embark on their largest Growth Strategy.
Working autonomously, you will take ownership for a range of strategically important assets and asset related projects which require your expertise. Asset management including land assembly and rationalisation, together with Landlord and Tenant casework will form part of your day to day activity. This together with property related cases, associated regeneration and service provision projects will provide opportunity for you to demonstrate where you can truly make a difference, with scope to innovate, ensuring best in class practice and a lasting impact.
You will be an experienced General Practice Surveyor (RICs qualified), confident operating at a senior level, with experience in the public sector being beneficial but not a deal breaker.
The successful professional will:
- Be a fully qualified general practice surveyor (MRICS / FRICS), essential
- Hold experience and a high level of knowledge of Asset Management, and an understanding of other property related service areas and housing development.
- Hold strong technical knowledge of property as an investment class, property development, corporate real estate, strategic procurement or construction processes
- Ideally hold some Compulsory acquisition experience.
- An awareness of the relevant professional / regulatory processes to ensure compliance and minimise risk
- Hold experience in undertaking lease renewals, rent reviews, acquisitions, disposals and valuations of commercial premises
- Have a commercial approach with strong communication and negotiation skills
- Hold ability to build excellent, effective working relationships and work on own initiative
Within easy reach of central London, rural Kent and the continent London Borough of Bexley has become an employer of choice with an excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices whilst offering flexible working with excellent ICT facilities. Our attractive package includes:
· Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,370 per annum
· Career average revalued earnings pension scheme
· Performance related pay
· 27 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus bank holiday entitlement
· MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
· Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
· Access to Cycle to work scheme
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.
How to Apply
- Closing Date for your application: 3rd October 2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.