Marketing & Development Officer
Sandwell Adult and Family Learning (SAFI) aims to raise people’s aspirations and motivate them to achieve their full potential. We are an Adult and Community Learning Provider working to help, encourage and support individuals to make the best of their lives, overcome barriers to their progression in learning and work, and make informed and rewarding decisions about employment and education.
We are therefore looking to recruit a Marketing and Development Officer who is professional, enthusiastic and has a customer orientated approach. The role will include occasional evening and weekend work.
You will be responsible for engaging with mainly Sandwell community groups/schools/employers/external organisations to identify demand for learning and inform the learning offer. You will also be responsible for the day to day management of promotion and marketing of the service to include events, production of marketing materials, maintenance of the website and social media platforms and liaison with the Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council's communications team.
You must have achieved:
- GCSE English AND Maths Grade A-C or equivalent (e.g. National Qualifications Adult Literacy Level 2)
- A Level 3 ICT Qualification
These qualifications will be checked and verified by the interview panel, should you be shortlisted.
You must have:
- 3 years’ experience of working with community groups/employers/job centres to identify both organisational and client training/learning needs
- 2 years’ experience of analysing and utilising marketing data, preferably with an adult learning provider, to drive forward our 2030 Vision
- 2 years’ experience of leading marketing campaigns to promote service offers, including regular updating and maintaining high quality content of a website and various social media platforms including Facebook and twitter
Alongside a salary of £24,313 -£28,785 pro rata, we offer flexi time, an employee benefits scheme and a free Employee Assistance Programme.
If you have a proven track record of achievement at a management level and are passionate about the positive economic and social role that Adult Community Learning at its best can play, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.