SEN Finance Assistant
We are looking to recruit an SEN Finance Assistant to the statutory special educational needs service to help us ensure children & young people with EHC Plans and their education settings receive the financial support awarded and required to meet needs and achieve best possible outcomes.
We are looking for someone with an interest in the SEN environment, e.g. children with SEN reaching statutory thresholds and education settings supporting these children and young people. Someone who is would like to make a difference to our Bexley children, and who has a keen interest in financial transactions and an analytical approach to reviewing and verifying financial transactions related to our children & young people with EHC Plans in local and out of borough schools. We need someone who is a good communicator and a team player.
This is a rewarding job in a supportive team where you can help ensuring that our youngsters are well supported in their schools/education settings and that schools receive the awarded funding in a timely fashion to support the young people and deliver the content of their EHC Plans.
What we offer:
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 23 days Annual Leave (rising to 27 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Neil Thompson on 020 0345 3354.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 23/09/2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview dates: 07/10/2019
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.