Business Support Officer - Licensing - 2 Jobs
The Licensing Team is responsible for licensing of the taxi services in Kirklees and processing all other types of licensing applications received via post and electronically. We also complete the finance work created by licensing applications. This is a customer focused environment. The team is a very busy and demand led service and the Business Support Officer role is vital as it is the first point of access to the service for customers, and to ensure delivery of office functions.
Within the Licensing Team you will be required to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the service, which can mean travelling to other offices/buildings. You will assist the wider team in ensuring the office functions are delivered in a timely and accurate manner
- Responding to complex enquiries/complaints
- Complex and specialist word processing
- Data processing (input and retrieval) using bespoke software
- Information and record management as directed
- Dealing with financial records including taking payments and banking
- Produce statistical and management information/reports
Requirements for this job:
- Provide a high quality professional, technical and administrative, customer focused service with the ability to multi-task in a busy, variable and frontline environment at the Council’s Customer Service Centres
- Appropriately deal with a variety of existing and potential customer information, including personal information relating to convictions and offences, in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Comply with required dress code ensuring that uniforms, badges provided are worn, enabling easy identification by users of the service
- Carry out a range of complex and technical duties and other computer based information systems
- Ensure all office equipment is used proficiently and inventories of equipment and stock are maintained and supplies replenished
- Process payments and follow Kirklees Council procedures with regards to accounting and finance
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the team to ensure effective delivery of high quality technical and administrative support
- Ability to remain calm, understanding, responsive and supportive whilst facing difficult customers
- Ability to embrace change and proactively promote and support the Licensing Department’s procedures and responsibilities with regards to public protection
It is essential that you have good IT skills and that you are familiar with a variety of computer packages in particular Microsoft Office and that you are able to demonstrate business and administration skills to NVQ Level 3.
In order to be short-listed for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile. CV’s will not be accepted.