Children's Services Improvement Project Manager
This job is Substantive linked to funding
We are on an ambitious journey making Kirklees an outstanding place for children, young people and their families to thrive. We are looking for an experienced project manager who can demonstrate and evidence delivering outcomes through effective application of project methodologies.
Based in Family Support and Child Protection but working across the whole Children’s Services Directorate, you will use a restorative approach to support the design and implementation of multiple projects in a role that will be crucial to enabling, challenging and driving progress across the service. You will use your understanding of children’s services and statutory and regulatory frameworks to set out and plan the key deliverables that will help us achieve the aims of our 10 Point Improvement plan and outcomes of the wider children’s services programme.
You will understand connections and dependencies between the projects on which you are working, corporate transformation projects and the Corporate Plan.
You will be highly organised with a pro-active approach to driving progress and problem resolution, and have the ability to analyse and synthesise large amounts of information. In addition you should be able to work independently on your own initiative. There is the requirement to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Requirements for this job:
- Good understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing Children’s Social Care on a local and national level.
- Good understanding of best practice in project management and practical experience of implementing it (a relevant qualification, training or equivalent experience is required).
- Ability to build good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across council services and partner organisations.
- Understands the leadership of change in a political environment and is able to build effective relationships with councillors and senior managers.
- Qualification relating to project management e.g. PRINCE2 / Agile, or equivalent demonstrable practical experience of undertaking project management.
If you would like more details about this job or an informal discussion please or email email@example.com
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate on how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile. CVs will not be accepted.