Assessor Social Worker - Ryedale House
If you’re looking for a new opportunity – why not be part of an innovative, award-winning Social Work team? You became a social worker to make a difference and change lives – join us and do exactly that!
We have opportunities for a Social Worker (Social Care Assessors) on a part time, permanent basis in the Planned Care team working within the Ryedale area.
We are proud of our successful track record as a leading care service provider and consistently appear amongst the top performing County Councils in the country. We are privileged to have been one of the finalists for the Social Worker of the Year Awards 2016 for Best Social Worker Employer, and are previous national award winners for social care initiatives in 2015 as well as Best Social Worker Employer in the Social Care of the Year Awards 2014.
There’s no better time to start a career with North Yorkshire County Council - the time for change and innovative approaches to delivering care is something you could be part of! We are fortunate to be able to invest in new professional leadership in Social Work, as well as developing wider career paths for staff. Our skill mix is moving from a majority of unqualified assessment staff to a 2:1 ratio of qualified practitioners, in recognition of the increasing complexity of clients in Adult Social Care. We fully recognise the need to support staff development and enhance their skills and experience, which we deliver through senior professionals within the service who can share the wealth of experience they have gained through years as social care practitioners.
Through recent advertising, we have made great staffing additions to our teams, which provide us with the experience, skills and creativity of both long-established colleagues and newcomers to the county. As a Social Worker, you will undertake a range of asset and strength based assessments and interventions to ensure that adults with care and support needs and their carers achieve their desired outcomes and wellbeing to live independent lives. This will also include developing personalised care and support plans that represent best value. You will determine eligibility for adults with care and support needs against the national standards and ensure that they are safe from harm but where harm or abuse is identified ensure the safety of the person and undertake the relevant safeguarding enquiries.
Please ensure you have read the requirements of the role in the Job Profile document provided alongside the advert. You must hold a good working knowledge of current adult social care legislation and application of the legislative principles, including the Care Act 2014.
What makes us a great employer?
• We promote a safe culture of support and learning and strive to ensure our staff have manageable case workloads which reflect ability and allow a focus on delivery of care services
• We promote and enable a better work / life balance which we recognise is of great importance
• We support the AYSE programme for newly qualified Social Workers and we will ensure you have an excellent training and learning provision to progress from Band 11 to Band 12
• We offer opportunities of rotation across teams over time- gaining wider exposure, experience and depth of knowledge. Join our team and you can: • be part of a committed and supportive team
• access a range of benefits including generous leave entitlement, flexible working, a local government pension scheme, salary sacrifice and employee discount benefits
• access health and well-being advice and support for you and your family
• utilise new technology enabling modern ways of working and supportive flexible working
We would encourage you to contact us for an informal discussion and we would be happy to provide more information about the roles available. Please contact Jasmin Banks on 01609 533491.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC) advertise vacancies on behalf of schools and external organisations (third parties) in North Yorkshire. NYCC are not responsible for the recruitment/employment practices of third parties and accept no liability in relation to the vacancy and any subsequent recruitment/employment processes. Enquiries regarding the vacancy or practices should be made directly with the third party.