- Are you looking for working arrangements that enhance your work-life balance?
- Do you thrive on delivering professional and timely customer service?
- Are you seeking an opportunity where you can learn a new industry and will be supported by others through the process?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
We have outstanding opportunities for two Validation Officers to join our team, within the Development Management sections. The London Boroughs of Richmond upon Thames and Wandsworth present this unique opportunity to be part of an open, sociable and supportive team who are working together to create an effective shared staffing arrangement across both boroughs.
Purpose of the role:
To validate planning applications and carry out all associated admin duties, to ensure an efficient and at speed Validations Service for the Development Management section.
- You will have proven organisational, communication and IT skills, including prioritising and allocating work to meet conflicting deadlines.
- You will have experience of providing a professional and timely service for customers.
- You will be experienced in delivering service in a client support and/or customer services environment.
- You will have the ability of dealing with numbers and data to produce and interpret management information.
- Provide day-to-day support for the professional Planning Officers, while taking personal responsibility for validating and all admin tasks associated with processing planning applications (e.g. pre-applications, appeals, and issuing of decision notices).
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of planning issues and procedures.
- Prepare and dispatch application documents for scanning and carry out quality control assessments.
- Produce standard and non-standard statistical reports from the Planning computer system as requested.
- Contribute to the processing of minor proposal applications by carrying out area or volume calculations, site visits, checking planning history and assessing compliance.
Please check the attached Job Profile for full details on the varied role you can expect to be doing.
Who we are
Richmond is arguably London’s most attractive borough with the River Thames running for over 10 miles through the borough, linking Hampton Court Palace, Richmond and Twickenham Town Centres and Kew Gardens with London. Richmond boasts Royal Parks and open spaces, historic houses, vibrant town centres bursting with life, as well as being the home of English rugby. With major developments on the horizon, there are exciting opportunities to broaden your experience in such a unique environment.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please provide a copy of your CV and a supporting statement. The closing date for receipt of submissions is Sunday 6th October 2019.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include flexible and home working (dependent on service need), part-time working and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Richmond and Wandsworth are currently reviewing our pay, reward and benefits framework, in partnership with Trade Union colleagues. We are developing different options that make sure we have a fair and transparent system in place.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Sunday 6th October 2019
Shortlisting Date: Friday 11th October 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 14th October 2019
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.