IPTU Information Technician
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
The Integrated Passenger Transport Unit is looking for the right person to support our business providing general administration in a wide and complex environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across all aspects of the Integrated Passenger Transport Unit (IPTU). Working with a passionate and dedicated multi-disciplinary team, producing high-quality accurate information.
The role is based in the Delivery Support Unit area of the IPTU and typical tasks will include: working with stakeholders to understand their needs and support service delivery. Supporting the Team Manager by co-ordinating effective data management and analysis along with undertaking administrative duties to support service delivery.
* Providing high quality support for colleagues to develop strategies and projects that deliver reliable, accessible and cost-effective integrated transport.
* Providing high quality self-directed administrative support, working independently and as part of a close team.
* Responding to customer requests and queries in a timely and efficient way.
* Maintaining confidential records according to Essex County Council guidance.
* Dealing with correspondence for the team or service in a timely, consistent and professional manner. Sharing knowledge and good practice with colleagues and highlighting more efficient ways of doing tasks.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Practical general knowledge and experience of Microsoft office, word, excel and outlook is required.
- Ability to take ownership of work and fulfil agreed commitments, checking work for accuracy with a good eye for detail.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- A self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload in a busy environment.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on the Working for Essex website.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.