Emergency Planning and Business Continuity Officer
You will be required to assist the Council’s Emergency Planning and Business Continuity Manager in the following duties
• Developing and maintaining the Council’s emergency and business continuity plans and responding to emergencies that require their implementation
• Training Council staff in emergency roles
• Managing and developing the Borough Resilience Forum
• Participation in the development of London local authority regional capabilities
• Contract management of the emergency out of hours service.
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification is desirable
- Appropriate experience of emergency and business continuity planning including recent experience of at least 2 years in an emergency planning environment with a Category 1 responder organisation
- Experience of partnership working between public, private and voluntary organisations
- A good, up to date knowledge and understanding of the legislation and current issues relating to emergency planning
- An awareness of business continuity planning and promotion
- An understanding of risk assessment
- Knowledge of the organisation and functions of a local authority
- Please see attached JD For full Job specification
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
About the team:
The vacancy has occurred following the expansion of the Emergency Planning and Business Continuity Team. The growth of the team is to enhance the Council’s resilience and absorb the increased work that will come from the Grenfell Tower Inquiry and London regional capability development and standardisation into the 2020s.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please speak to Cyril O’Brien on 020 3045 3748
- Closing Date for your application: 23 September 2019
- Anticipated Interview date: Early October 2019
CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form