Carephone Officer - 2 Jobs
Job 1: 24.5 hours (£12,947 - £15,783)
Job 2: 21 hours (£11,098 - £13,528)
Appointment will be made at Grade 6, appointment to Grade 7 will be subject to an assessment.
You will work on a rota basis between 7am and 9pm including weekends and Public Holidays. There may be an occasional need to be available to work night shifts.
You will be responsible for the provision of a responsive service to service users and/or carers who access the service through a Carephone or Helpline Service.
Your duties and responsibilities will include: operating the Carephone system on a rota basis, answering calls received at the control centre and taking action as appropriate.
We need our employees to be driven to achieve the best, to be hard working, respectful and thoughtful to each other and our customers and to be creative, wherever they work.
You will be focused upon ensuring that you make a difference to the lives of people by offering the highest possible quality care and support. Through the passion that you bring to your role you will help to reduce the effects of isolation, learning or physical disability or age related illness that people in Kirklees experience on a daily basis.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience of responding to customer enquiries using the telephone.
- Awareness of equality issues and their impact on service delivery.
- Ability to demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills to produce reports, management information and keep accurate records.
- Ability to deal with vulnerable clients in a sensitive and calm manner.
- A flexible approach to working arrangements such as short notice shift cover.
An enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate in your application how you meet the Person Checklist.