Do you want to work in social housing environment delivering tenancy and estate management functions out in our communities, estates and in our customers homes? If so we want to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for Neighbourhood Assistants to join our Locals and be a part of the front line of housing management delivery team. You will deal with letting tenancies, tenancy and estate management, resolving anti-social behaviour, safeguarding, tenant engagement and partnership working. This work will be delivered in a defined ward and you will support a Neighbourhood Officer who will deal with wider neighbourhood priorities which are determined by local Elected Members, our residents and emerging priorities.
Your objective will be to help the customer by ensuring that you are polite, knowledgeable and deliver the service right first-time whist providing a robust landlord service. To enable you to deliver this objective you will need to be:
- Organised and self-motivated by being able to plan your own work and priorities;
- Having an empathetic approach towards our customers, some of whom are vulnerable, and be committed towards safeguarding them
- Driven and committed to providing an excellent customer service;
- Willing to learn and retain specialist knowledge;
- Able to use your own initiative; and
- A good team player and respond well to supervision
As well as providing an excellent face to face customer service you will also be expected to:
- Undertake home visits;
- Enforce tenancy conditions;
- Have a regular presence on our estates by undertaking inspections and walkabouts;
- Deal with Members enquiries;
- Deal with and resolve complaints and prevent escalation;
- Work with our internal colleagues to deliver wider housing services;
- Undertaken assessments and prepare reports for management; and
- Sustain tenancies.
We are looking for people who have a proven track record of delivering excellent services, an understanding of housing management functions and having worked with diverse communities.
Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 as a minimum or equivalent.
Does this sound like you? Then we'd very much like to receive an application from you.
Sandwell MBC values our workforce and in return for your hard work, here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive salary & pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Continuous training and development
- Employee Benefits and health initiatives
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week - Fixed Term Contract until December 2019
37 hours per week - Fixed Term Contract for 6 months
37 hours per week - Permanent x2
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.