The Team is responsible for:
* The support of complex business & System processing in relation to Financial and other customer facing Systems.
* The support and management of projects relating to the performance and development of financial and customer facing systems.
* Data Integrity and system checks
* Production of Test material and completion of Systems Testing
* Management of Internal and External Customers and stakeholders
* Working to strict deadlines / timetables of activity
* Continually work with our customers and key stakeholders on service improvements to optimise Business and system processes.
Customer liaison will be a key part of the role, ensuring that complex integrity checks and system processes are completed to deliver a seamless service, as well as delivering expert knowledge and advice.
The role requires good attention to detail and understanding of how processes impact end users, making recommendations and improvements to enhance the service.
Working as part of a project or a team, the customer specialist will deliver administrative and support activities, proactively managing workload, taking initiative and using personal judgement to resolve internal and external customer issues.
You will need a strong working knowledge of customer support activities and processes, as well as delivering advice and guidance support on local procedures to colleagues. Knowledge, skills and experience
* Educated to NVQ level 3, you will have proven experience of providing excellent customer service across a large organisation.
* You will have a demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Microsoft Excel, with the ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy.
* You should also have previous experience of operating electronic or hard copy filing systems.
* You should have experience of delivering workplace based procedural training to staff, with good communication skills and the ability to de-escalate concerns.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.