SEN Case Officer
Would you like to support the educational opportunities for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in Bexley?
We need to appoint SEND Case Officers who will be able to support families and schools in making the right decisions for the children in their care.
You will be required to administrate the statutory assessment process and to meet with schools and families to discuss the best way forward in meeting the needs of children and young people with SEND. You will be integral to co-ordinating the production of Education, Health and Care plans.
You will need to be a qualified teacher or hold an equivalent qualification at degree level and have experience of working in or with schools in a professional capacity.
If you would like an informal discussion then please contact Vicki Beck – 0203 045 4778 or Kayleigh Clerkin on 020 3045 3609.
Please note the assessment process will include an ICT and report analysis test as well as an interview. Candidates should allow 2 hours.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service (If applicable).
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 25 daysAnnual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 30/09//2019
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated interview dates: 11th and 14th October
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages