Senior Practitioner FRAT
Bexley is transforming its services for children – putting social work back at the heart of the Council and professionals at the heart of things so they can make a difference for children and their families.
The aim and purpose of Bexley’s Children’s Fostering Service is to meet the needs of all the children who live within our community and require an alternative family. The Team works effectively with other social work teams, voluntary agencies and other statutory authorities to ensure the best outcomes for children.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Social Workers to assist us in assessing family members/friends to see whether they are suitable to care for children. You will undertake viability assessments of family and friends, support other social workers undertaking viability assessments and attend court to give evidence where required.
You will possess excellent communication and report writing skills, be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of child care legislation, particularly care planning and child protection, the Ofsted National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services and fostering service regulations.
Successful candidates will require registration as a qualified Social Worker with the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) and be able to demonstrate your capabilities against the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF).
If you would like to know more about this exciting post then please contact Lucy George, Team Manager on 020 3045 4689.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
In return we can offer you:
An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices Workable caseloads High number of permanent staff across the service Professional supervision Mentoring/coaching Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities Flexible relocation allowance up to £8,000 which you could use towards a mortgage deposit Identified pathways for training and continuous professional development Signs of Safety Training and the opportunity to become an SOS Practice Lead Opportunity to engage in our Aspiring Leadership Programme
- Our Choices Benefits include a lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,370 per annum
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Performance related pay with the opportunity to earn a 5% bonus each year
- A generous holiday allowance
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
For more information about the service please visit www.bexleycareers.co.uk
- Closing Date for your application: 07/10/2019
- Please visit our website to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Corporate Management Team £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Health and Social Care £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Children's Services £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath
- Education £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Bexleyheath