Welcome Officer - 5 jobs
Job 1 – Bagshaw Museum
Every other Saturday and Sunday
Job 2 – Bagshaw Museum
Every other Saturday and Sunday, plus 5 bank holidays, plus Tues to Thurs Easter to End of Kirklees Summer Holidays, plus Tues to Thurs during all other Kirklees school holidays
Job 3 – Oakwell Hall (Visitor Centre)
Every Sunday plus New Year’s Day and Boxing Day
Job 4 – Oakwell Hall (Hall)
Every Sunday for 47 weeks of the year, plus 7 bank holidays
Job 5 – Oakwell Hall (Hall)
Every Sunday for 47 weeks of the year, plus 7 bank holidays, plus Tues to Thurs during all Kirklees school holidays
In your application please clearly state which position you are applying for.
As a Welcome Officer you will care for our sites, collections and customers. Making visitors welcome is a top priority and you will provide a greeting, answer any enquiries and provide them with information to help them get the most from their visit.
Working front of house, you will make sure that the quality of the retail, refreshment and visitor experience offer is always excellent. You will operate retail and catering equipment as well as support stock management and operate IT systems. You will administer booking systems and process cash and data in order to support the wide variety of activities which take place including school visits, events, venue hire, weddings and talks.
You will welcome friends groups, local groups, volunteers as appropriate in order to make our museums the heart of our communities.
Requirements for this job:
- Welcomes visitors, provides information and responds to enquiries by phone and email.
- Provides high standards of customer service in retail and refreshment outlets including food hygiene responsibilities.
- Works within service standards of health and safety, security and customer care and presentation at all times.
- Operates systems effectively e.g. tills, cashing up, stock management.
- Opens and closes the building, providing security including patrolling and dealing with incidents during opening hours
If you would like to talk to someone about these roles please call Paul Gales on 07816-141584 or email email@example.com
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile. CV's will not be accepted.