FM Project Officer
We are looking for an experienced, and professional FM Projects Officer, with a proven track record of delivering projects, on time and within defined budget, across a complex multi-site non-housing, estate. You will have excellent knowledge of building fabric and M&E systems, H&S systems and processes, being able to develop and write technical specifications and manage whole life project delivery.
As a key member of our high-profile customer facing team you will have excellent customer service skills and a desire to deliver first rate service for this very busy SSA Facilities Management Team.
This is a dynamic service that brings a fresh approach to Facilities Management with the team operating across both Richmond and Wandsworth Councils bringing a unique employment opportunity.
We are looking to appoint a FM Projects Officer responsible for:
- Establish project requirement(s) through regular update meetings with FM Building Services Manager, Design Services and Project Management Office (PMO).
- Responsible for consulting with the customer(s) to fully understand their requirements and expectations.
- Coordinating all project stakeholders to ensure that requirements and expectations are clearly understood.
- Responsible to writing and issuing the technical scope of works (specification) document(s) with input from the FM Building Services Manager, Design Services and PMO as required.
- Responsible for agreeing the project budget with HO Facilities Management, Design Services and PMO Teams ensuring that costs (pre-tender estimate) are within the agreed revenue or capital programme budgets.
- Responsible for agreeing project programme with all stakeholders including the customer(s) and contractors.
- Responsible for coordinating project pre-start meetings with all stakeholders to ensure that where required a Construction Phase Plan is in place and CDM Regulations have been addressed.
- Responsible for regular site inspections whilst the project is in progress to ensure that the works are being delivered safely, to the required quality of materials.
- Workmanship and are on programme and budget. Regularly meet with the customer(s) to ensure customer satisfaction. Ensure that the project works are causing minimal disruption to their core business operation, the local community and the environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that any variance to project cost and/or programme are risk / impact assessed, justifiable and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Work with Council’s PMO Team to identify framework approved Project Management consultants for use in complex high value projects.
- Ensure that effective project management, planning, budget and risk management controls systems are in place to ensure a high standard of project delivery.
- Work with the Head of Facilities Management, Head of Design Services, Head of Construction and FM Building Services Manager to develop the annual Capital programme(s) for Richmond and Wandsworth.
- Understand the Capital Bids process and timetable so that feasibility and budget is established in advance of Capital Bids timetable.
- Ensure the highest levels of Health and Safety are achieved on all projects.
- Ensure that all project related work i is undertaken safely and is compliant with statutory and industry regulations including CDM Regulations 2015.
- Responsible for project financial management and planning to include the management of project budgets in line with the Council’s procurement guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all budget management and financial requirements through the effective monitoring of purchase orders issued and works undertaken to ensure clear audit trails and financial accountability.
- Produce, develop and manage a project database in Share Point which captures all relevant project data including but not limited to site location, project description, cost, duration, risk and critical success factors.
- Develop strong collaborative working relationships with all project stakeholders including customers, contractors and stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for innovation, continuous improvement which deliver cost efficiencies without compromising service levels. Ensure that good practice and continuous improvement from lessons learned is embedded into the delivery of FM projects
- Use a range of communication methods, including presentations and progress reports to update internal and external stakeholders as required.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include excellent working conditions. These include, flexible hours, and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities is also offered.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline:
Closing Date: Friday 25th October
Shortlisting Date: Monday 28th October
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.