Employment Reward Analyst
Essex County Council is changing its approach to reward to support the aspirations of the council for the future. This role will support the Employment Reward function by providing guidance on the subject pay, rewards, pensions and role profiling. The role will also administer all current benefits offered by ECC working with our partners on joint ventures and help promote these within the council to all eligible employees. The role will support the People Business Partners and People Consultants in best practice of Reward in order to maintain standards.
This role requires an excellent analytical and pragmatic thinker with good working knowledge of job evaluation and pay benchmarking, whilst supporting projects that align to ECC Reward Strategy and objectives.
This role will work collaboratively, flexibly and effectively communicating with people across the ODP function and wider council.
* Support all pay analysis and benchmarking projects - recommend changes to current policies and practice to support ECC in achieving its objectives.
* Supporting the delivery of the annual pay review, including data modelling and impact analysis on recommendations.
* Support the work of pension, pay and grading and job evaluation matters as necessary.
* Administer benefit schemes such as employee discount scheme, cycle to work, child care vouchers, pensions etc. providing reports to providers/brokers/partners as required.
* Communicate across ECC, managing stakeholders effectively in understanding changes in the reward strategy (including pensions).
* Build effective relationships with key customers, providing support and guidance to develop understanding of reward processes.
* Maintain a good level of business knowledge, and knowledge of wider ODP strategies, policies and procedures.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework. Knowledge, skills and experience
* Excellent attention to detail with good understanding of pay and reward practices in an innovative environment.
* Good understanding of job evaluation and pay benchmarking, preferably using Hay/Korn Ferry.
* Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and willingness to assume responsibility for a wide range of tasks.
* Excellent numerical, and analytical skills with the ability to organise and prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
* Proven practical experience and working knowledge of project management principles within an HR context.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.