Security Analyst - Technology Services
Essex County Council (ECC) Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology maximises the opportunity to support ECC in meeting its strategic goals
To achieve this Technology Services are undertaking a major transformation programme which will create the conditions where employees, residents and businesses can collaborate, innovate and thrive.
We are looking to recruit passionate and experienced IT Professionals to assist in the design and delivery of Technology Services enabling us to deliver outstanding outcomes and experiences enabled by modern, connected technology.
What's in it for you
* Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex
* Be a part of a new forward-thinking Technology Services Team in local government
* Engage directly with customers, suppliers and stakeholders to design and deliver meaningful, measurable technology change
* An excellent benefits package
The kind of experience you might bring
* Educated to degree level or equivalent by extensive experience.
* Hold accreditation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or RESILIA Practitioner, certification in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery or Risk Management, or equivalent qualification.
* Conducting security risk assessments, business impact analysis, accreditation of complex information systems, and obtain and act upon vulnerability information to ensure the appropriate controls and processes are in place to protect ECC systems and data to provide confidence in service provision, maintain accredited standards and avoid individual and organisational compromise.
* Perform continuity and recovery assurance of existing services and new designs ensuring the provision of a continuing, secure business environment.
* Development of information security policy, standards and guidelines to ensure ECC systems and data are afforded the appropriate levels of protection.
* The Security Analyst must comply with the ECC defined SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age) requirements for this type of role.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.