Catering Manager - Extra Care
Woodlands Court is a modern Extra Care housing scheme built in 2013. It consists of a number of self-contained apartments alongside shared communal facilities. The Extra Care schemes are designed to provide independent living whilst meeting individual care needs. Our restaurants are situated within the Extra Care schemes, and serve residents, their families and staff, as well as being open to the public. We provide a limited breakfast service from 9 – 11 and three course lunch from 11.30 – 2.00, along with sandwiches, paninis and light bites.
As a Catering Manager in an Extra Care Schemed Housing, and working alone for part of the day, through your cooking skills and commitment to your customers you will ensure that a high quality, customer focused catering service is delivered 365 days per year in one of the establishments where we provide our services. In addition to providing the service on a day to day basis, you will initiate, develop and support theme days and other events which in turn promote and develop the service.
Requirements for the job:
- Experience of large scale preparation and production of meals to agreed standards.
- Experience of managing food costs and wastage to achieve budget targets.
- Ability to find creative and innovative ways of improving the service to promote social activities and maximise sales.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the needs of the service users.
- Able to demonstrate a flexible and positive approach to your work.
- Experience of supervising a small team.
- Experience of being responsible for cash reconciliation and banking.
- Hold a Basic Food Hygiene certificate.
The post involves working some weekends and bank holidays.
For more information about this job please contact Cath Holmes on 07976-194137
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to complete the questionnaire which is part of the application form.