- Are you looking for an opportunity where your health and well-being will be promoted?
- Are you a team player who is keen to join a supportive team?
- Do you have excellent organisation, prioritisation and verbal communications skills?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
We are currently looking to employ 5 x Recycling Operatives to join our dynamic environment working as part of the Contract and Leisure Division, within the Waste and Street Cleansing Team to deliver services at Townmead Road Household Waste and Recycling facility (HWRC) in Kew, and at Central Depot in Twickenham.
To assist in the delivery of the on-site operations including the management of recycling materials, the sorting of collected items and preparation for collection and to ensure the maintenance of site safety and cleanliness. You will be welcomed to a service area, with a supportive team environment, a staff Health and Wellbeing programme and Continuous Professional Development opportunities.
- Liaise with customers, visitors and contractors and give advice and directions for on-site use, to maximise recycling and minimise waste sent for disposal and to ensure safe use of the site(s).
- Remove all obvious items of contamination from stored material awaiting bulking.
- Help the Supervisor in ensuring that the quality of materials is maintained and in preventing contamination of materials via agreed procedures.
- Assist in quality control of recycled materials into the site(s), reporting serious contaminations to the Site Supervisor or, in their absence, to the other appropriate officer.
- You will assist the team in delivering public facing services at the HWRC by providing services dealing with the recycling and management of waste delivered to the HWRC.
- You will have excellent organisation, prioritisation and verbal communications skills and be able to effectively liaise with customers and all other visitors to the HWRC.
- You will be an organised team player who is able to respond to instructions.
- You will be aware of and apply health and safety requirements relating to the place of work.
- You will demonstrate the ability to identify and quality control materials being delivered to site.
- You will be able to carry out basic tasks associated with plant and machinery.
- You will have the ability to perform duties associated with weighbridge operations and form monitoring.
- You will have a willingness to undertake further training and development when necessary.
- You will be able to work in an external environment throughout the year and on a rota pattern of work including weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Experience and being qualified to use machinery and plant on-site, as well as operating vehicle weighing systems would be an advantage.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact Mick Mallon, Senior Site Supervisor on 020 8876 3281 or email email@example.com or Eamonn Wells, Senior Site Supervisor, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance including generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays. In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Richmond and Wandsworth are currently reviewing our pay, reward and benefits framework, in partnership with Trade Union colleagues. We are developing different options that make sure we have a fair and transparent system in place.
Indicative Recruitment Timelines:
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd November 2019
Shortlisting Date: Week Commencing Monday 11th November 2019
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 18th November 2019
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change. The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.