Support Worker - 2 Jobs
Job 1: 35 hours - £17,779 - £18,134 plus relevant enhancements
Job 2: 21 hours - £10,667 - £10,880 plus relevant enhancements
The job is an ideal opportunity to develop a career in support work.
The scheme has 2 units and a community where service users are supported on a daily basis. Shifts are from 7am up to 10pm at night, working a 10 week rolling rota that includes alternate weekends and bank holiday working (this is recognized by a flexible working payment allowance). Your earliest start will be 7am and your latest finish will be 10pm.
By joining the team you will be part of a quality and professional service that prides itself in having a person centred and empowering approach along with networking in multi-agency work within the local community.
There is a clear positive approach towards supporting each other, this includes shadowing through induction, learning systems and communication within the team. Training and development and regular supervision support each staff member towards a positive future.
You will work across two supported living units and the community, there are a variety of support requirements for each individual service user. Staff are expected at times to lone work and as link worker you will take the lead in supporting service users, staff are supported by line managers in supervision and annual appraisals.
Requirements of the job:
- High level of understanding of Adult Social Care;
- Hold the Care Certificate (or equivalent) or be prepared to complete this within12 weeks of appointment;
- Basic awareness of food hygiene;
- Willingness to travel within the designated area (either on foot or using public transport). Possession of a driving licence and car available for work may be desirable for some areas;
- A standard of literacy and numeracy to be able to complete and understand documents, forms, support plans etc.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional training and development to carry out the job effectively and efficiently by completing training requirements in the required timescales.
- Ability to travel using public transport.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to complete the questionnaire which is part of the application form. CV's will not be accepted.